Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dabbling in the Kitchen: Chicken Broiled Parmesan with Penne & Spinach

Ever since I found the Broiled Tilapia Paremsan recipe a few weeks ago, I've been using the paremsan concoction on EVERYTHING.

Tonight: on chicken breasts tossed with wheat pasta and blanched baby spinach. OMGYUM.


I'll admit - the idea didn't come to me tonight. It came to me last week when I did broiled chicken parmesan over some left over pasta. It was good - but I decided it'd be better with some spinach tossed in. I was right.

It's fairly simple.

Just broil chicken for 3 minutes each side. Then coat the top side of your chicken breasts with the parmesan mixture (see Dabbling in the Kitchen: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan for the recipe).

Meanwhile, boil your pasta. Before draining your pasta, coat the strainer with your baby spinach. Drain the pasta over the spinach to quickly blanch it. Toss the spinach and pasta together with a drizzle of olive oil.

Then, cut up your chicken and toss in. Delicious!



While I didn't add any tonight, another drizzle of shredded parmesan could be a good addition.

I did add some sea salt and garlic powder to the parmesan mixture this time around. The garlic was a nice addition. I went a little overboard on the sea salt, but then again, I don't usually add any salt to anything - so even just a little salt is too much in my opinion.

Chris wasn't a huge fan of the chicken over the pasta. I think he didn't like the blanched spinach or that there was a little more olive oil on his serving. Oh well. Always room for improvement.

Either way - I personally REALLY liked it. Luckily, there's even enough for lunch tomorrow.

Until next time - happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment