Monday, April 18, 2011

Dabbling in Fitness... and getting my butt kicked!

It's been a few weeks since we made it to the gym. I could name all the excuses - but that'd be a long and boring blog - and you'd all be thinking to yourself "Uhm. Stop being lazy and making excuses and get off your duff and work out!" And you'd all be right.

So - to put a stop to the laziness and get moving, Chris and I finally put our Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" dvd in and started moving. I can totally see how it can help you shed 20 pounds in 30 days - it's tough! It *looks* easy - but it's not!!! Each level takes you through a warm up, three 6-minute circuits and a cool down. The circuits are butt-kicking (literally - there's a cardio exercise called "butt kicks" where you try to kick your glutes with your heels). 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. Here's hoping it starts melting away the pounds - while keeping me from getting too sore between gym classes and running.

About that running - I'm letting the weather be my excuse on that one. We've only had a few nice days so far this spring. Hopefully once the weather starts to stay nice I'll be better about waking up and hitting the road. Hopefully.

Another goal for the warmer weather - back to bike riding! The idea is to ride home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We'll see how well that works...

While this weekend was pretty chilly and we didn't get a ton of exercising in - we did hit up the Midwest Horse Fair for some strollin' along - as well as some fun with the equine crowd.

Here are a few photos of us and one of the Clydesdales (her name is Hannah):

We had a lot of fun - even if we didn't get a ton of exercise in. :)

In other "healthy living" updates - I've been drinking so much more water. Considering I used to refuse to drink water ever - that's a pretty big accomplishment. Today I drank 145 ounces of water. That's 6 entire bottles of water (I have a travel bottle by Camelback that holds 24 ounces). SO crazy! And - I feel good drinking all that water. The biggest drawback is having to run to the bathroom all the time. The silver lining of it all is that running to the bathroom keeps me up and moving.

So - now that I've put all the excuses away and revved up the healthy eating (see today's food blog!) - let's see how fast I can get to that goal weight (which is 30 pounds less than I currently weigh)! The target date - June 1 (although, I might adjust that depending on my progress...).

Here's to getting fit - share your own struggles and inspirations with me - it'll help keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment